Foreign nationals need to apply a visa to visit Taiwan, while some nations
enjoy a visa-waiver regime. To obtain a visa, the visitor must have a foreign
passport or a travel ID valid for more than six months.
TWNIC will provide visa assistance to APTLD delegates by issuing official invitations on request.
To check whether you need a visa, please visit here.
- CKS International Airport is Taiwan’s major gateway. It offers a large number of direct flights to and from major cities in North America, Europe, and Asia. More information on CKS International Airport, airlines service, and airport-to-city transportation can be found here.
- Taipei Songshan Airport has scheduled flights to domestic destinations in Taiwan and international destinations, including Seoul, Tokyo, and some cities in China. More information on Taipei Songshan Airport can be found here.
- Taipei Metro (Mass Rapid Transit System) is very efficient and connects most sub-areas of Taipei. The fare, calculated by distance, is relatively cheap.
- The bus system and taxi are also cheap, reliable and efficient.
- Taxi service is relatively cheap in Taipei, too: the basic fare is NTD 70 (USD 2.22) for the first 1.25 kilometers, and NTD 5 for every additional 250 meters. Taxi can be hailed on the street 24/7. Note that some taxi drivers may not be fluent in English.
- YouBike (or called Ubike) is Taipei’s public bicycle sharing service offered by the City Government. The rental is NTD 5 for the first 30 minutes, and NTD 10 to NTD 40 for additional hours. More information can be found here.
- Before getting on any of public transport services in Taipei (Taipei Metro, railway, bus, or Ubike), it is highly recommended you get an Easy Card first. It is easy to use and give you some discount for your travel around Taipei or Taiwan. More details can be found here.
Other useful information
- Average temperature in September: 25-35°C
- Currency: New Taiwan Dollar (NTD), around NTD 31 to USD 1
- Electricity: 110 Volts A.C
- International Call Code: +886
- Languages: Chinese and English
- Local Emergency Contacts: Police 110/ Ambulance or Fire 119
- Time Zone: GMT+8